- Pat chicken dry and make shallow diagonal cuts on the skin side of the chicken. Rub Ingredient A all over chicken and set aside for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on a baking tray in a single layer and roast at 180⁰ C for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- While chicken roasts, heat oil in a saucepan and fry Ingredient B over low heat until fragrant (about 10 minutes). Next add Ingredient C, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens (around 10 minutes). Set sauce aside.
- Remove chicken from the oven and drizzle about ⅓ of the sauce over the chicken. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Cut each chicken leg into 3 – 4 pieces and serve with remaining sauce spooned over the chicken.